Happiness. What is it? The web defines it as; a state of well-being characterized by emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy. So, of course we can create happiness, create more of such situations to feel happy and content. I also tried to list down the things that make me happy, not in any particular order though. Initially, it was difficult and when I started putting them down…I felt, Oh! This is a hobby, these are my interests, things I like – And I realize that our interests are directly proportional to happiness and that we should do more of such things that brings us joy. There’s NO BIG THUMB RULE to attain happiness – it’s simple things we do, that elevates our state of mind.
- Connecting with God, my prayer times…
- Spending time with my loved ones, my friends, my family and playing with my little niece 🙂
- Visitng Crafts fair, Kitsch Mandi, exploring innovative, creative stuff and of course collecting them
- Setting up interiors at home, returning to a well set-up home after a tiring day really really fills my mind with happiness and joy
- Good food, holidays, vacations, travel, meeting and interacting with new people
- I love to spend endless hours in and around nature – beautiful landscapes, lots of greenery, nature trails and the set of plants which I own at home
- Being at Spa 😉
- Exercising – I really feel happy, when I am fit, especially the feeling right after the work out – I feel so refreshed and charged up
- Cooking, and baking for my loved ones
- Helping someone with whatever I can, or being the cause of someone’s happiness
And yes, a quote that I believe in strongly…. “The happiest people are those who think the most interesting thoughts. Those who decide to use leisure as a means of mental development, who love good music, good books, good pictures, good company, good conversation, are the happiest people in the world. And they are not only happy in themselves, they are the cause of happiness in others.” ~ William Phelps.