Now, this tag I could not have missed it 😀 … I love food & moreover love cooking if it’s for my loved ones including family and friends. I derive immense pleasure out of it especially seeing the delight on their faces after having a nice meal. There are plenty of such moments I fondly cherish, let me try and share a few with you all which is close to my heart:
- Somehow, I don’t know if it has happened to others, but with me it has happened several times. There are days when I have a severe craving to have my mom’s particular dish, and even before I tell her, I find that cooked the same day. It’s really uncanny to me….. 😀 but surely proves to be true that mum’s can read your mind. And, I end up embracing her with a smile.
- Sundays used to be special at home as my dad would take up cooking and all of us longed to sit together and have our afternoon meals. He was an excellent cook.
- Food memoirs and not mentioning canteen fun is not happening at all. During college times, friends and I used to visit the canteen to devour the samosas served with hot sambar (weird combo…I know) but trust me it used to be yummmm 😀 ! Up north anyway there’s a fetish for sambar, so we’d frequent it like crazy. For one plate of samosa we used to get unlimited sambar… so instead of ordering many plates, we used to order one plate of samosa and several servings of sambar. The canteen wala got so fed up that after a few days he changed the rule…..”Samosas served with one bowl of sambar ONLY”
- During the same college days, I remember when my best friend and I rushed to her place once after a long tiring day at college. Aunty was not there and Uncle could find nothing else to feed our empty stomachs but a fresh bottle gourd. He quickly made a curry out of it and served us with piping hot rotis. We devoured it to our heart’s content and can’t express how delicious it had turned out to be…
- I know am not a spoilt child, though love to behave like one 😀 when it comes to Mom still running behind me with food so that I have a morsel or two at least; while rushing to work during the crazy morning hours and listening to her grumbles…that I wake up late and do all this drama 😀
Thanks to Puja . It was wonderful reviving some old memories.